Musician, Speaker and Visionary
Donna Stoering is an award-winning recording artist, concert pianist, and vocalist, touring worldwide as a soloist in major concert halls, music festivals, orchestral appearances, duo-recitals, chamber music concerts, and as special guest performer on the radio and television networks of numerous countries…..
But she is also an international keynote speaker, visionary, educator, Marshall Scholar, author, journalist, television host/presenter and producer, award-winning social entrepreneur, an Artistic Ambassador for both the UK and USA, a sought-after performance coach at music conservatories worldwide, and the youngest-ever judge of music competitions in Russia, Italy, Canada, UK and USA,
• Donna has designed new concert series and music festivals on three continents, and she founded Listen for Life in 1998 after learning about the plight of the music cultures, musicians and music listeners in so many of the countries that she visited.
• Donna has been frequently asked to speak to U.N. agencies on the use of music to address conflict resolution, cultural diversity training, health/wellness issues, and international education initiatives.
• She has designed award-winning social venture hybrid structures, created innovative cross-cultural education products and established unique outreach projects in schools worldwide that help students of all ages realize the impact that music has on their wellbeing, academic success, relationships, moods and behavior.
• Her first publication, on “Spirituality in Contemporary Piano Music” has run out of copies on four re-printings, and she has an upcoming book entitled “Change Your Music, Change Your Life” with interviews of musicians, scientists, music therapists and music listeners worldwide.
• She has been a panelist and/or keynote speaker at major education and entrepreneur conferences in Brazil, Europe, UK, and across the USA and she is a very frequent guest on radio and television talk shows.
• Donna has now been the subject of one-hour specials on BBC Radio, Hong Kong Radio&TV, Brazil national TV, and local affiliates of both NPR and PBS.
• Most recently she won a 2013 “Women of Legacy” award from Powerful Women International, for the impact that Listen for Life has had, worldwide, over the past fifteen years, and for her constant courage and unrelenting dedication to its mission of inspiring musicians and saving music cultures.
• Meanwhile, she has continued to tour worldwide as a concert pianist, chamber musician and vocal soloist, performing the great Western Classical repertoire with major orchestras, conductors, chamber music ensembles and choral groups, teaching at music schools and universities as a guest artist, and premiering new works that are written for her by the outstanding composers of several countries.
LFL - A Sound Investment
None of our projects can take place or impact/unite the diverse global community through music, without the participation and support of individual and corporate donors, sponsors, marketing/advertising partners, grants, development partners, and affiliates. On the final page of this LFL site, we list several current projects and programs that we have the opportunity to fulfill when – and only when – we gather the necessary resources. We invite all music listeners to join us in “changing the channel” - to empower the music and musicians of the future to be an even greater source of unity, peace, nourishment, inspiration and cross-cultural communication.